Sunday, September 6, 2009

May 16th 2009 Jonathan's Baptism

It was neat when Jonathan shared how he felt to his dad that he was glad he could make his own decision with out just doing things because of any other reason except he knew it was right. He was sad for anyone that would get baptized because that's what everyone else does, Jonathan was sure and glad to make this choice.

When Jonathan was dressed in white and came out around the corner to see me before the baptism I was shocked. I immediately got tearful because my baby boy was not a baby anymore. He was making the first grown up decision he'd ever made and wasn't going back. I part of me was sad because I knew from now on he'd be able to "sin" and have responsiblility for himself. But what over shadowed those motherly feelings was the humility that overwhelmed me by his blessing and how clear it was that Jonathan was being prepared of the Lord to be one of His great servants and that He had big plans for him regardless of his parents.
Grammy and Papa were there at Jonathan's baptism!


Jonathan insisted on having pictures taken with his Grammy and Papa!
They got to go fishing!

1 comment:

Living in oblivion said...

Wow!! Already 8?! Time flies! Congratulations Jonathan!!! Ryan just turned 8 and we will be planning his baptism in the near future, just trying to coordinate it for when friends can come since we don't know too many lds families here! LOL