Sunday, January 11, 2009

Wait! Here's what happened before the holidays!



October brought Caroline's first snow! She'd heard about it, read books and seen it on TV. But there's nothing like the real thing baby! You can see our sub floors in the background. Since, Caroline has actually laid in the snow with her brothers and rested amongst much playing! She loves it!


We promised the children that we'd get them a Wii as we moved to the cold place of Minnesota. When the first snow happened we'd break it out. They we're thrilled especially as our family doesn't own even a Game Boy much less DS or any other gaming thing! I do think our adventures will be different now that we're in MN. It will be more on the side of beautiful snow falls with glitter in it, road trips and biking trails compared to the exotic ones of Okinawa.

Date night every weekend! Now that's what I'm talking about!
Jonathan front and center sings a song with his class at school about being a best friend, "If you were a little peach, I would be your fuzz"... best friends should be together, that's how it ought to be, so less pretend I'm a part of you and you're a part of me! I think we're doing that more and more these days, remembering the best friends and pretending we're together...I think that what we did during Thanksgiving, pretended we were together! The highlight of the Thanksgiving day was shooting off rockets with the Chipman boys from church then game night at the Dean's, other friends from church. WHile I'm menting it,I made a mighty fine yam dish if I may say so myself!

Too bad I have a shaky hand, but you'll see here it's hard to tell which one is wrapped around who's little finger? With most of the day home Greg, is getting to spend the most time ever with our last little one as she's little. Caroline actually fell asleep while sitting on Daddy's lap. What a delicious blessing!



One of our Christmas presents was a piano! Taylor has played for over a year now and has been practicing on a keyboard... but no more! Hooray! The first Sunday we had it he came home (and was fasting too) went straight to the piano and played until he had to eat and then again until he had to go to bed. What a blessing for him to finally get to soak up music as it wants! (notice the beautiful new floors! The piano was a bargain and I'm thinking I'll stain it to a darker color that I prefer, never the less we're glad!)

I looked out the window and what did I see? A little snow angel smiling back at me! the body size matches a happy Jonathan!




Caroline and I enjoy a music and movement class at the YMCA Shake-a shake-a boom boom!






Sledding in our front yard!
Snug a bug in a rug!


Taylor,(left)made us proud! Like father like son! The 5th grade band played "Peanuts" at a holiday concert.




DO YOU SEE THAT?
The tempurature is 11 degrees! I've never seen that in my life and felt it at the same time! Since then it's been below zero and Greg thrills at it and gives me a play by play of the dropping temps. I reminded him that I'm not THAT thrilled about this cold thing, just let it be known it's freezing! I don't want to embrace it that much! A new sensation is feeling my nose hairs freeze as I breath! I never knew that feeling before... women don't... um... nah!

No comments: